Security Sales Engineer
The Security Sales Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving security solutions.
Work as an equal partner with our sales team in matching up enterprise customers with vulnerability management and penetration testing security solutions. If you are comfortable going toe-to-toe in a technical discussion with engineers and then shifting gears and having a brass-tacks business conversation with a CIO, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference calls and face-to-face discussions.
- During the qualifying process, confirms that solutions meet the prospect’s requirements and assists sales in technical qualification.
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Individually driven, but can work on a team as well
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience level to 9+ years of relevant security/IT related experience.
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Redhat Enterprise Server at the command-line level
- In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems and Security Solutions.
- Identify technical requirements and customer success criteria, design proposed solution and secure technical win.
Strong Plusses, Not Required
- Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations
- Customer Focus – Responds effectively to needs expressed by customers
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented. Also requires ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions.
- CISSP, C|EH and other relevant certifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or 4 years related work experience.