San Mateo, CA
The Security Sales Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving security solutions.
Our sales managers work with you directly to develop skills in lead generation, business contact development, networking, contract negotiations and information technology. This position will consist of heavy lead generation and business contact development.
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference calls and face-to-face discussions.
- During the qualifying process, confirms that solutions meet the prospect’s requirements and assists sales in technical qualification.
- Articulates and demonstrates solutions, and positions products relative to competition.
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience level to 8+ years of relevant security/IT related experience.
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of competitive products for each of products.
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management and Engineering
- Work closely with customers in the design and implementation/integration of products
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends and how products add value
- Solid understanding of IP network design/operation and hands-on work preferred with larger Cisco (7000 series and higher) or Juniper routers or equivalent networking experience.
- Strong familiarity with routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc.
- Team focused, with the ability to gain the personal support of others
- Capable of developing empathy and rapport internally with staff and with customers and partners
- Strong work-ethic and committed to quality
Strong Plusses, Not Required
- Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years related work experience.
- Customer Focus – Responds effectively to needs expressed by customers.
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented. Also requires ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions.