The Senior Security Sales Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving security solutions.
The SE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the account team and customers.
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference call discussions and face-to-face meetings to architectural groups, major lines of business, and C-Level executives in the federal space.
- During the qualifying process, confirms that solutions meet the prospect’s requirements and assists sales in technical qualification.
- Work to understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform, including identification of improvement areas in network design
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Manage customer engagements, including requirements gathering, scoping, solution design/delivery, project management, and customer acceptance of deliverables.
- Respond to RFIs/RFPs and working with customers delivering compelling Proof of Concepts
- Strong understanding of network security including, DDoS, Firewall, IDS, IPS, anti-virus and common exploits.
- Hands-on experience with operating systems including, Linux, Windows, MAC OS, Android. Experience with OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Red Hat Linux, Windows XP/7, Windows Server OS preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience level to 8+ years of relevant security/IT related experience.
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lead technical sales.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including:
- internet security
- firewall technologies
- proxy technologies
- data loss prevention solutions
- anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Understand and be conversant about its solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- 9+years customer-facing technical role with success dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks
- A self starter and proactive leader willing to display initiative with common sense
- Results driven and committed to ‘outcomes rather than output’
Strong Plus, Not Required
- Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization.
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or 12+ years related work experience